Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

in the middle of the night

I'm going to miss nursing in the middle of the night when Ranger is sleeping through til morning. I like nursing him any how, but the night is so still.  I don't cuddle with him, or talk with him, I'm just feeding him (and probably playing bejeweled on FB).

One thing that nursing in the middle of the night does for me is it breaks up my REM cycle. I regularly have dreams that are rather intense, sometimes uncomfortable, sometimes scary, sometimes down right violent (it's always been this way, and the good dreams are usually really really good and fun and amazing). I still get those bad dreams even with the shortened REM cycles, but because I'm woken up abruptly, I don't have to go through the day remembering them (am I the only one who gets "flashbacks" of bad dreams?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: