Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

App Review: Love Hate and the other ones

I usually review children's apps, but there are times I must share with you something I am enjoying.


Every spare moment for the last three days has been devoted to this game, Love Hate and the other ones.


I cannot say enough about how simple and yet challenging this game is. If you value your spare time, perhaps you should stay away from this game. I spent two days' worth of spare time trying to solve one level (52- screen shots of this and other levels follow).


Any how, here is a crappy youtube video I made of me trying to play and film at the same time. I took the sound out because the neighbor's baby was crying and I didn't want y'all to think I would let my baby cry while I was fiddling with iDevices. And you don't get to see the end solution because I got cut off when I accidentally hit the stop record button and it was only the tenth time I had tried to make the darn thing (kept ending up with still shots that just don't capture the game well).




Here are screen shots to help give you an idea of how to proceed.

Level 11 hint screen shots

Level 12 screen shots as hints

Not going to give hint shots for all the levels! Here are a few of the harder ones:

17

33

40

43

Level 49

52 (several hints since it took me a long time the first time)

54

58

60

63

There are also hints on the Facebook page.
Don't say I didn't warn you about how addictive these can be!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for your review, I started yesterday and in search for a solution I came here and I have to admit: I cannot solve level 52 as well! I noticed the mind really has to take its time to come to a solution, but level 52 really challenges us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could offer some tips. That was a level where my repeated attempts suddenly produced a solution before I could realize what I had done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Theresa,

    This is Lennert - game developer of About Love, Hate and the other ones. We are really glad you like the game and want to thank you for putting up a review!

    We have further updates planned so you can challenge yourself with more levels ;-)

    Cheers,
    Lennert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lennert! I look forward to more levels!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think: