Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello from Forest Hills Queens!

Well, it's been a while I know, but my wifi and computer are all hooked up, the desk is cleared (though under the desk there is no room for legs, as it's all boxes of books), and I feel like I can take a moment from watching Ranger and unpacking to stop in.
We had a nice trip. (pics to follow)
The move was rough but now it's mostly the little things to unpack.
Our neighborhood is lovely. (pics to follow) E says it is one of the first planned communities in the country. He also tells me that Queens county is the most diverse counties in the country. What I know is it's easy to get to things I need, and all of NYC is within easy reach.
Zipcar is still very easy to use (though there is one location where, because of all the one way streets, it's hard to return it to: "none of these darn streets go the direction I need to go!").

I hope you all had a lovely holiday and New Year (how many times have you forgotten to use 2011 as the year? I don't think I've done it right once yet).

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting settled. I think moving can be equal parts exciting and pain in the ass. Can't wait to see photos.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think: