Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Insight

Being all hobbled up on crutches, I have gained new insight to how the people with less temporary mobility handicaps must feel ALL THE TIME.

Before I get up to fetch something, I try to come up with a list of other things that I could get/do in that area. And sometimes I decide whatever it is is not important enough to bother getting up and hobbling my way there. I stink at crutches y'all. Even here in the even surfaces in the house I have slipped,wobbled, and hopped after a stray crutch (have not fallen though, thanks usually to a wall).

Maybe, as my mom suggested, a rented wheelchair would have been smart. Except that I would not have been able to navigate the same areas that give me trouble now. This is an older building and you can be the doorways are not ADA.

Only a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: