Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Adult bullies

Look.
This is not intended as a political post. Still, it may put some of y'all off and that's ok. I just can't let this one go.

We've been hearing a lot in the realm of anti-bulling in our schools. This is a good thing in my opinion. Growing up is hard enough without having to get flack every day.  So now everyone (mostly) is jumping on the we have to stop the bullying bandwagon. Young people are hearing it gets better from a multitude of sources, many of them famous.

But you know what? I saw something last night that indicates that some people never stop being bullies.

Last night, an audience on national tv boo'd a soldier. The soldier had a question regarding the candidate's possible impact on the LGBT community now free to express itself in the military. I don't even remember what the candidates' responses were. The audience boo'd an active duty soldier deployed to a war zone. Because he's gay. It hurt my heart to hear any one in uniform get boo'd.

I understand that there are different view points on LGBT. I have mine, you have yours. I am not saying you don't have a right to voice your opinion. You do. You might even have religious reasons for believing as you do, and as a free country you have a right to that.

But for goodness sake people! Boo'ing a soldier! You might as well have put a sign on your shirt "I'm a bully ask me how!"

So. I am going to keep this short to avoid straying into politics or religion. You there, people in the audience who boo'd.

Shame.

Shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: