Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Thoughts on family

Divorce. It effects everyone in the family, even your siblings. We've grown to like, or even love your spouse. For years we supported each other, with phone calls, emails, and sudoku games. Suddenly, without any warning, you call to say it's over. Even six months later, we still struggle with this choice. We love you. But we also loved her, and now we're supposed to... I don't know, abandon her?
And on top of that, before the ink is dry on the paperwork, you've brought over the next girl. And she could be the ex's sister. Physically they are so similar. Personality wise, also, quite similar. Type? Yeah, you got a "type" alright. But that only makes it harder for us. As your sister, I have to support your choice. I wasn't there, I don't know what happened behind closed doors. Maybe this had to happen for each of you to get the person you so richly deserve. But it's hard to see her hurting, trying to put together a new life. I hope she finds a man who will see her for the gem she is. And I hope you find someone who you couldn't live without. Someone who you would fight to keep, even if it meant working at being married.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: