Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Crazy 'Roo

When I ready this article today I nearly lost my professional cool and giggled out loud in the office. It was the second paragraph that did it- the guy's first thought was that the intruder was a "lunatic ninja coming through the window." I guess I can understand where he's coming from- you wake up to the sound of a crashing window, and all you can think is a large bouncing ninja is threatening your family.

But then the guy, in nothing but his briefs, wrestled with the crazy kangaroo and put it in a headlock!

This wouldn't be funny at all if someone had gotten seriously hurt. But other than some scrapes, everyone (including the kangaroo) seems fine. So, it's ok to laugh.

So he gets the thing out of his house, and calls the proper people and all. I'm imagining what the next day at work is for him.
"How's it goin' Beat?" (what a cool first name, given the story, huh?)
"Ah, man, I had a rough night. A crazy 'Roo jumped through the window- had to wrestle 'im out of the house and all."
"Sure, sure- and I'm batman."

And the kids! The next day at school, when his 10 year old is telling all of his buddies how his dad (wearing just his briefs) wrestled a crazy 'roo! He'll be popular for at least a week for that story!

Living on the 23rd floor as we do- there's not much to worry about things coming through the window. A bird maybe- but few fly this high.

As you can tell by the late posting, my prediction for the start of our surge is right on target. I hope you'll bear with me while I try to balance an 11 hour day with family time. If E weren't out doing the Purim thing, I would not have even gotten this post out (don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but I love E way more than the internet).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: