Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fun and games

We've been enjoying playing with the Wii I got E for his birthday. We played Mario Cart using steering wheels, and a little sports in the sample sports pack. It's been loads of fun. Buying a used Wii was so smart- we were able to get the system and the accessories AND Mario Cart for the same price as getting a new system. We feel pretty savvy about the whole thing.

For his birthday E also got an old fashioned (real life vs computer) game. It's the kind where you have these two Velcro disks and a ball, and the ball sticks to the Velcro disks.

We took that game on down to the Riverside park, along with a blanket and some books. About three tosses into playing with E's new toy, I lost the ball. I tossed the ball a bit too high and hard, and it went sailing over his head, down the grassy area, onto the busy sidewalk, under the fence, and over the edge into the water. It is, after all, Riverside park. One would assume it would be next to a river...
I did what any logical, mature woman who happens to be pregnant would do- I sat down and cried.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. And cheap enough to be easily replaced. If I'd lost the Wii, that would be a different matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: