Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Pictures

These are some pictures I took the last few days.
When we were downtown, I didn't take too many because I hate looking like a tourist, especially in an area so full of tourists.
The first one is Stone st. It's basically a short block made up of mostly taverns. They set out picnic type tables in the street. I'm guessing it's a lively place at night. They were just setting up when we were there.
















This next photo is of a globe thingy that survived the 9/11 attacks.
















This is Wall st. You can tell because I took a picture of the street sign.

















This weekend we also spent some happy time chilling out under the trees and enjoying Riverside Park.



















These D-9.com advertisements are everywhere. I'm just including it here because I find them incredibly funny. Plus, that's one of the brand new bus stops and I think they're really nifty looking.


















This one tomato and two beans are the results of my "garden"- the quarter is there for size. I planted small tomatoes, but boy was this one small!














Later I cut the tomato in half so each of use could have one piece. It was yummy for all that it was hardly a bite.

1 comment:

  1. Well, don't feel too badly about the garden. I have NO beans yet, though my plants are as tall as me. Something is eating the blooms as soon as it makes a bloom, so it never makes the bean. And I sprayed. Groan. Though maybe I didn't spray enough, since it's been raining a LOT...washes all the insecticide off. shrug. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think: