Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review: Nomadbrush

I have been looking for an artistic stylus to use in the art apps on the iPad. After seeing a few featured on Mashable, I selected Nomadbrush. For a stylus it is pretty expensive, but it is much less expensive than the real world's full collection of artist's brushes.

I was so excited to give this new toy a try. Unfortunately someone noticed me taking my first strokes and would not be distracted until he had his turn. On the bright side, this brush did not immediately lose its shape when held too firmly against the medium. That was the unfortunate fate of most of my real...er... Nondigital brushes. (they do have a specific brush for children)

The ability to zoom on the iPad means it is fairly easy to use the short brush as a pencil. I did have some difficulty adapting to the short end's specific angle and pressure needed to create a response on screen. With the longer end I had no troubles and several times forgot what my medium was (ie, tried to use my pinky finger to brush at the drawing to achieve a specific look).

I made few pictures, experimenting with shading and pencil lines and anything else I could think of. Admittedly not a one of them is a masterpiece, but it will take time to get familiar with using the brush and the Sketchbook app.

This was a lot of fun to play with and I look forward to learning how to best "paint" with it.

PS I was not comp'ed to write this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: