Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

I am my own subscriber

At the moment, this blog is more of a personal journal. No one knows this blog exists, and the only subscriber is...me. I have more than one email address through Google, and out of curiosity used my other account's reader to subscribe to this blog. So in a moment when I click "post," I can sign out of this account and sign into the other, and see this post on the reader list.

I know. I just wrote it, so why do I enjoy reading it as though it's one of the 20 or so blogs I subscribe to?

I must have read yesterday's post a dozen times. Certainly enough times to notice that there was one "to" that should have been "too" and a few other typographical errors that would annoy me to no end until I changed them. I spent a lot of time going back and forth between accounts yesterday. Why I can't catch these things while I'm in this account, I don't know.

I enjoy writing these little notes to myself. Would I enjoy it if other people were actually following me? I don't know. I'd have to worry about those mean comment people who go around looking for blogs to leave mean comments on. They leave nasty, rude, mean hearted comments because, hey, they can. You know who they are. Well, no one knows exactly who they are. And there's the whole 1st amendment thing that protects their right to say such nasty, rude, mean hearted things. Of course... I'm covered under that same amendment.
Of course, there is this: I have twitter followers, and can't for the life of me figure out why. It's not like I write anything amazing. From time to time I write a twitter in the 5-7-5 format of Haiku. The other night I accidental walked through a movie premier and wrote a twitter about that. It's not like I'm writing anything momentous.

If Einstein had had twitter, do you think he would have written
E=MC2 on a twitter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: