Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Planes and NYC

My loving husband was in Manhattan on a specific day. You know which one. It was traumatising for him, even though he was in Times Square, which is a good ways north of the WTC.
When he sees helicopters or planes flying over Manhattan, he can get nervous, especially if it's dark and he can't see how close/far something is. He wishes all of Manhattan was a No-Fly zone. I don't blame him.

So I wanted to see how he was reacting to the emergency landing of the plane in the water. At the same time, he was worried about how I was reacting, because he knows that my imagination can catch up with me (how easy it is to imagine how you would feel in that situation). Since no one was hurt, we could talk about how good a response it was from the ferries and Coast Guard and emergency response crews.

I hope no one had a dog in the luggage area though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: