Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Silent poetry day

Today is the 4th annual blogger silent poetry day.
Here is one of my favorite passages which I found at the Central Park Zoo:


I want to be famous in the way a pulley is famous,
or a buttonhole, not because it did anything spectacular,
but because it never forgot what it could do.
Famous
by Naomi Shihab Nye

I like the way they have poetry throughout the zoo. I really liked this poem (this is the last paragraph) because it is a reminder to go out and do what you do well everyday. E and I like to say that 90% of life is showing up. A lot of our successes in life have been through our persistence and determination- showing up every day, mentally and physically.

Today was a hard day to show up. Does anyone know why they have to have the Super Bowl on a Sunday, or why they can't push it earlier a few hours so we can go to bed at a decent time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: