Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It was a dark and stormy

let's see.... how many days has it been wet?  Too many, I think. A few more and we might go looking on C.raig's list to see if anyone's got a good deal on an arc.  heh

Still, After tomorrow the forecast is calling for beautiful spring weather. Yay!  I'm taking Ranger out for a nice walk on Friday- I will definitely take some pictures of the budding trees.  Every year I am blown away by how beautiful (and numerous) the city's trees are.

Tonight E and I are hosting the second Seder for Passover.  All the food is being brought in, but that doesn't mean there won't be chaos. Oh, no.  See, everything needs to be timed precisely so that each course (fruit, gefelte fish, soup, entre, dessert) is at the perfect temperature.  But inevitably there is a wrench thrown in - yesterday we got a late start to making the Latkes because it took us almost 2 hours to get to my in-law's place from the city, a trip that usually takes 45 minutes, so it was almost 11pm before we were headed home.

Knowing that chaos is inevitable doesn't mean I wont try to prevent it.  I plan on having a written schedule.  Yes. I am going to attempt to bring order to this unwieldy dinner.  Maybe then we'll be able, as my mother in law so desires, read the entire Passover story with the commentary and talk and laugh and sing.  Well, maybe not the singing part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: