Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Slow roll

Some of you might remember the post where I told you about my family friend dilemma. I just wanted to let y'all know that I "slow rolled" the decision until it was "OBE".

To slow roll something means you move so slowly forward that your task/objective/decision is past/made for you/overcome by events (OBE).

In this case, I waited until after the holidays (Passover and Easter) before responding, then waited another week because everyone in our home was sick.  By the time I sent her a message following up, and by the time she responded, she was headed home to Buffalo.  Thus the dilemma was solved.

The slow roll is not to be used lightly. It can blow up in your face if the task/objective/decision doesn't go away for one reason or another.  Whoooo boy have I made THAT mistake before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: