Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

November

Y'all, I just can't spend more than thirty seconds at the computer before Ranger finds me and demands either I pay attention to him or he get his turn on the computer immediately. If you've ever dealt with a toddler you know there is only one way to avoid a scream fit: avoid the computer until nap time. Of course, sitting at the computer during nap time is somewhere at the bottom of my priority list (right behind sleep, nap, rest, and doze). All this to say I sure miss y'all and wish I could do more posting. I do get time to tweet (much easier to do while at the playground) and I upload pictures through twitter, so if you feel like it you can follow me there, or check the left side of my blog for recent tweets.

E and I had our fifth anniversary this past weekend. So there was a lot of reminiscing going on. Our wedding itself was lovely, but neither of us really remembers it. Instead we were remembering the almost to the day year before our wedding day when E proposed. And all the days between when we first happened across each other in the hallway that summer day in 2004. We were still active duty Air Force back then. It seems like a different life time, and understandably so. We live a completely different life now. And we went through a Lot of challenges (For instance, and not in order, i had three surgeries, was fired, had a baby, we've moved three times...).

Add to those changes, the changes in technology and 2004 feels quite a LONG time ago. 2006, when we left the military and got married, also seems very long ago.

And since having Ranger, well, it makes even 2008 seem a long time ago.

Isn't it something, how time goes by, and how we perceive its passage?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: