Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

I am thankful for a lot this year.

I am thankful for my family.

I am thankful for my health.

I am thankful for the opportunity to live where we do.

I am thankful for the challenges we faced that have made us more fiscally sound, and for the challenges that have brought us closer together.

I am thankful to those who have worn and still wear the uniform of our military.

I am thankful for leaders who care more about getting their jobs done than the next election.

I am thankful for the people who video trains and post them on YouRube (seriously- half my day is spent cycling through these videos and listening to Ranger play with his "train" -a piece of cardboard about two feet long."toooootooooo!")

I am thankful for smiles and giggles and laughter and play...and yes for crying and tantrums and up all night struggles- I am thankful for having my little boy.

I am thankful for friends near and far.

I am thankful for the people who make the city go- the bus drivers and subway engineers and the others we don't see hard at work because they're repairing the tracks in the middle of the night.

Giving thanks should be an everyday thing, but Sometimes in day to day life we can get bogged down in the things we feel or that we want or need or don't like. This is a great time to reflect on what is good and wonderful- even about tantrums (my boy is developing his own desires).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: