Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

March of Dimes

Have I ever told you I was born three months early?

My poor mom was having Christmas dinner- thought it was bad indigestion. They tried to halt the labor, and thus I was NOT born on Christmas day. I weighed in at 2lbs 2 ounces and spent 3 months in the hospital. I was one of the VERY lucky ones.

So, this is one of the charities I like to support when I get the chance. I'm really excited this time because I joined a team a NYC mommy blogger team. Given how reticent I am about meeting new people and, you know, talking to them face to face and engaging in meaningful conversation, it may be harder for me to show up for the walk on the 26th than for me to walk the three miles.

So, if you have the opportunity to skip that Latte or that movie out, or that dinner and donate to her team instead, that would be lovely. I know some of you have already donated (yes, I read your blogs if I know who you are).

Maybe one day the March of Dimes will be irrelevant. Let us hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: