Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Literally

I used to love the show Animaniacs. One of the things I liked most was the gags where the three of them take something too literally. Most memorable was when they went to a garage sale and wanted to buy the garage. The man having the sale was mean and cheap and everyone was happy (but him) when at the end of the skit, the three siblings have a garage perched precariously on their water tower and are excitedly talking about a yard sale the next day.
Where am I going with this?
I read this head line on my online news source of choice:
All systems go for spacewalk | Watch live
And spent a good amount of time wondering how all the systems would go out for a walk. I had images of machines hooked up to those space cords floating around the station - giving the station the appearance of an octopus with skinny appendages and appliances at the ends instead of suction cups (appliances because when I think about machines, other than the big fax/copy machines, I can't come up with anything but stoves and fridges and grills, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: