Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

inspired

We've been watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution on Hulu.com and are quite inspired and impressed with the program.  We do relatively well as far as not eating processed foods/fast food, but we could do better.  So I think I'm going to make a list of dinner ideas- not just a recipe but a "this all goes good together" list.

But...I need a jump start.  I tried to start this thing this week.  And thus far we've had salmon with cucumber/dill salad and rice last night, tuna noodle pea casserole tonight, breaded (and fried) pork chops with mashed potatoes Sunday night, I have planned to use the rest of the pork in a pork and pineapple rice dish later in the week, and on Monday night we had poppajohnspizza.

I really need to work at my cholesterol levels again- a few years I managed to drop 47 points but in the last year (during my pregnancy) I gained 7 of those points back, and my "bad" levels are just a little higher than they should be.  I love red meat, but need to get back to my stricter diet of only 1 red meat a week.  Sigh.

So, what is your favorite meal combination?  Is there a seasonal favorite?  I need ideas people.

1 comment:

  1. oh,honey...I could talk about food and cooking all day! :) My very favorite, (though not the healthiest, I'm sure) is pan-fried pork chops with gravy, homemade garlic smashed potatoes, and peas (and yes, there really is only one good brand of canned peas. LOL)

    We also cut up chicken breasts into small-ish strips, cook it in a little olive oil in a skillet (with your desired seasoning), then eat it as a wrap in a tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes (me...Jason doesn't eat tomatos much), cheese and my easy homemade salsa (instead of prepackaged sauce).

    I also have a recipe for cheesy potato soup if you want it.

    OH, and all this time, I thought I hated hamburgers. Wrong. I hate ground beef! We've been making turkey burgers and pork burgers, and oh my goodness! Talk about wonderful! (pork is my favorite, pretty much ANY time...) Anyway, we season it with cracked black pepper, uh, and some herbs. I can look up what we use if you want.

    I can come up with some more ideas if you want. I love to cook. :) Oh, and chili. Turkey chili is really good. And good for you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think: