Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

A few pics from my walk today

I always thought this said "Native Art"- until one day I realized that my brain was just trying to make sense of "Naive" art. What constitutes Naive art? I'll never know I guess- they're shut down now.











wow- a doing better sale!

















I don't know if you can read the sign.. it is a call to support you local mom and pop type businesses. It was in the window of the same store having the "doing better sale" and honestly I was intrigued.  I came back later after they opened and ordered an area rug. 68% of the proceeds go back into the local economy, at least according to the sign. It says a chain store that percent is only 43%.





I took shelter from a brief rain storm under this cleaner's awning.




















Ranger and I walked to Michael's. I wanted to make this:


















I tend to space out in the shower and am hoping this will remind me to not waste water.