Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Ruminations

During the course of my week I meet moms who are part time or full time employees as well as moms.

They are lovely so this is not about them.

It's about my insecurity. I feel like I must have just been a wuss, that first trimester had me so tired I was practically asleep on my feet/at my desk. I have friends who are lawyers and engineers who clearly have detail oriented jobs but didn't seem to have difficulty focusing during pregnancy. They seem to have met any challenges that returning to work brings, where I just couldn't keep up. And even months after my departure from work, I have days where if I sit down I start to fall asleep. How do working moms do this? I can only feel like I was/am lacking in some way.

Don't get me wrong, I love being home with Ranger. I just am thinking too much with less than optimal sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone is different. Everyone's experience is different. When I was working, I honestly don't know how I could have continued, as sick/tired/depressed and YUCK as I felt all the time. (Thankfully, as a teacher, summer was on its way, then we were moving, and I was quitting to stay home anyway...) But I've wondered that myself sometimes, how people do it. I think some people have easier pregnancies, some harder, and I think some people are gluttons for punishment. LOL I also think some people are career women first, THEN moms, and I think that's sad. (No, not criticizing working moms, just working moms who put their jobs before their kids on PURPOSE). Don't put yourself down. Not at all. Maybe that was just God's way of letting you know you weren't where you were supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think: