Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Logistical Gripes

I am not sure how on earth moms do this! Having two kids involves a level of logistics I never stopped to consider. Moms with more than two, I REALLY don't know how you juggle the logistics!

This gripe comes from the absolute need to get in to see my doctor in Manhattan. How do I get myself to doctor's appointments on weekdays? Starting next week, Ranger's going to be in preschool three days a week for three hours a pop, but the location of the school (at the very edge of Queens) is in the opposite direction, by a lot, of my doctor's. I really would not feel comfortable dropping him off and driving into Manhattan for a doctor's appointment that may or may not run on time (more likely not). Besides, I don't drive into Manhattan unless I cannot get where I am going any other way.

Even my Queens located doctors, I feel uncomfortable getting back onto busy roads after dropping Ranger off to run errands. My stress levels would be off the charts.

I do NOT like driving. The reasons behind this are many and would require a dedicated blog post. So take normal driving anxiety and add trying to get to the doctor and back stress and I am not having fun.

Even appointments that do not require driving are stressing me out! On a non school day I have an appointment for my 6 week postpartum check up at the OB. I have a sitter arranged, but I am not sure if I should have her take Ranger to the playground, and then I would take Ronen with me, or if I should have her stay inside and watch both boys, which at that time of day can be hard. If I take Ronen with me, what if he starts to fuss?

Why am I using mental bandwidth on this?

Arg!

It is getting to the point that while I finally made the appointments (I put them off for too long because of these anxieties), I am sorely temped to cancel them even though the appointments are without a doubt required. I know this is all somehow possible to manage. Perhaps the still nursing throughout the night fatigue is making it feel worse than it is.

In the mean time, I still have to figure Monday's appointment out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think: